ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   AddOn Help/Support (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   Alert friend on/off : can we still block the alert ? (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10377)

Anceane 11/23/22 07:51 PM

Alert friend on/off : can we still block the alert ?

First, i love having friends and help them, but having an alert each time they log on or off, is really ennoying when you have a lot of friends :)

Usually i remember i was using No thank you, but it seems that even with the function for it, the alert is not blocked anymore.

I checked in here, and googled for that, there is it seems an addon still doing this : Bandit interface, though this is way too much for me (as this addon is a package with a lot of things).

So is there actually a addon doing this or did ZOS block that possibility ?

THank you

Masteroshi430 11/24/22 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anceane (Post 46796)
First, i love having friends and help them, but having an alert each time they log on or off, is really ennoying when you have a lot of friends :)

Usually i remember i was using No thank you, but it seems that even with the function for it, the alert is not blocked anymore.

I checked in here, and googled for that, there is it seems an addon still doing this : Bandit interface, though this is way too much for me (as this addon is a package with a lot of things).

So is there actually a addon doing this or did ZOS block that possibility ?

THank you

No thank you works for me for that feature, are you sure you downloaded the right version?

Anceane 11/24/22 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 (Post 46800)
No thank you works for me for that feature, are you sure you downloaded the right version?

I was wondering today, because i say the original version and one updated for blackwood

It seems i took the blackwood version 10.9

I will test to go back to the original version, but from memory the blackwood added this :
- compatible with update30 (Blackwood)
- added Leyawiin Outskirts Wayshrine to Capital Wayshrines on world map
- added "Don't rotate game camera while showing status" setting option
- added "Don't rotate game camera while showing inventory" setting option

so i guess i will have to choose between one or the other version ?

hummm i am not going back and the other version is outdated and abandonned. I will compare the two version to see if something is missing concerning the friends alert

:)

OK, after checking all my other addons, i remembered that LUI extended has a module concerning announcements. I guess those two were in conflict. I will see fast enough if that is the case if i dont have any friends on off messages.
Thank you :) without you i would not have thought to check this

--- Problem solved --- no more messages
as i saw that some member are thinking also that NTY has the message friend issue, i will post in it explaining that if they have LUI extended or any other addon that could be in conflict with it, they should check it

Baertram 11/24/22 02:04 AM

Maybe any other addon you use is breaking No Thank You's feature? Try NTY alone without any other addon!
If I remember correctly other chat related addons like pChat / rChat etc. had to hook into the same events and sometimes both/multiple of these addons in combination did not function properly due to ZOs changes chat hook methods a few years ago.

Anceane 11/24/22 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 46804)
Maybe any other addon you use is breaking No Thank You's feature? Try NTY alone without any other addon!
If I remember correctlky other chat related addons like pChat / rChat etc. had to jook into the same events and sometimes both/multiple of these addons in combination did not function properly due to ZOs changes chat hook methods a few years ago.

:) thank you Baertram, i found out it was LUI extended. Since i unchecked the part of the module concerning friends alert, NTY is working fine again

Baertram 11/24/22 11:21 AM

Those nasty cross connections, they are everywhere... :eek: :D
Thanks for the info Anceane, and for the comment at the addons too! (that helps other users), very kind of you.