ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Problem with guild IDs after leaving a guild -> ID = ID+MAX_GUILDS (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6021)

Baertram 01/18/16 04:59 AM

Problem with guild IDs after leaving a guild -> ID = ID+MAX_GUILDS

Hey there,

as I tested something with my addon FCOGuildInfo I've joined and left a guild to see what the events for joining/leaving a guild do.

After joining a guild:
The function GetNumGuilds() gets me the correct number of my new guilds: 5
The function GetGuildName(guildId) gets me the correct name of all my 5 guilds (IDs 1 to 5).

Do not logout in between here!

After leaving the joined guild later on:
The function GetNumGuilds() gets me the correct number of my guilds left: 4
The function GetGuildName(guildId) gets me an empty string?
I've tested IDs 1 to 5 -> Empty string

After that I just tested IDs > 5 and all of sudden:
ID6 = ID1 (Guild 1) -> Name was found correctly
ID7 = ID2 (Guild 2) -> Name was found correctly
ID8 = ID3 (Guild 3) -> Name was found correctly
ID9 = ID4 (Guild 4) -> Name was found correctly

I don't know if this is normal but for me it looks like a bug?
Maybe they copy the guild ids to ID+MAX_GUILDS (or something like this) as you remove a guild, so they can reorg something in the background.
But it seems as if it wa snot moved back to IDs 1 to 4 properly afterwards.

Anyone here encountered this too?

Edit:
The function GetGuildId() always will return 6 at this moment, even if I change the active guild in the roster...

Edit2:
After joining the same guild again the things get even more weird:
Guild 1 was moved to guildID 5
Guild 2 was moved to guildID 6
Guild 3 was moved to guildID 7
Guild 4 was moved to guildID 8
Guild 5 was moved to guildID 9

So everything was moved from starting ID 6 to starting ID 5 (-1)???

Ayantir 01/18/16 05:03 AM

When you leave/Join a guild, the GetGuildId() is mandatory, while doing test, game often returned me things like

1st = 1
2nd = 17
3rd = 24
4th = 12
5th = 46

Itr reverts correctly at next ReloadUI to 1/2/3/4/5.
so, just use GetGuildId(), always.

Baertram 01/18/16 05:46 AM

No, I cannot say the same Ayantir!

After reloadui it was not reset to normal 1,2,3,4,5 but it stayed at 6+.
After a logout it was reset to the normal 1,2,3,4,5 though.

But how am I able to loop over all given guilds (from guild 1 to 5) if they do not use the guild ids 1 to 5 but 5 to 9, and GetGuildId() will return something like 6?

sirinsidiator 01/18/16 05:48 AM

You need to differ between guildIndex and guildID.
guildIndex is what you get when you use GetNumGuilds() and it will always be 1 to number of guilds, guildID is an arbitrary number and cannot be known before using GetGuildId(guildIndex). Don't assume that guildID is in the range 1-5 or even in the "correct" order. guildIndex will always reflect the order you joined the guilds in, but the index might change if you leave a guild. If you want to save something for a guild, it's safest to use the guild name, as this will never change.

If you use the guild joined and left events
Code:

EVENT_GUILD_SELF_JOINED_GUILD (integer eventCode, integer guildId, string guildName)
EVENT_GUILD_SELF_LEFT_GUILD (integer eventCode, integer guildId, string guildName)

there is also another catch: The guildId is not the local guildId, but for some reason the server-wide id of the guild. So for example when you create a new guild, you get the number of guilds that have been created so far on that server, as it seems to be a simple incremental id.
In order to get the local id you need to use this code inside the eventhandler:
Lua Code:
  1. local guildId = GetGuildId(GetNumGuilds())

edit: For iterating over all your guilds, use this code:
Lua Code:
  1. for guildIndex = 1, GetNumGuilds() do
  2. local guildId = GetGuildId(guildIndex)
  3. -- do something
  4. end

Baertram 01/18/16 05:52 AM

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
I missunderstood the guildId and GetGuildId() functions then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator (Post 25532)
You need to differ between guildIndex and guildID.
guildIndex is what you get when you use GetNumGuilds() and it will always be 1 to number of guilds, guildID is an arbitrary number and cannot be known before using GetGuildId(guildIndex). Don't assume that guildID is in the range 1-5 or even in the "correct" order. guildIndex will always reflect the order you joined the guilds in, but the index might change if you leave a guild. If you want to save something for a guild, it's safest to use the guild name, as this will never change.

If you use the guild joined and left events
Code:

EVENT_GUILD_SELF_JOINED_GUILD (integer eventCode, integer guildId, string guildName)
EVENT_GUILD_SELF_LEFT_GUILD (integer eventCode, integer guildId, string guildName)

there is also another catch: The guildId is not the local guildId, but for some reason the server-wide id of the guild. So for example when you create a new guild, you get the number of guilds that have been created so far on that server, as it seems to be a simple incremental id.
In order to get the local id you need to use this code inside the eventhandler:
Lua Code:
  1. local guildId = GetGuildId(GetNumGuilds())

edit: For iterating over all your guilds, use this code:
Lua Code:
  1. for guildIndex = 1, GetNumGuilds() do
  2. local guildId = GetGuildId(guildIndex)
  3. -- do something
  4. end