View Single Post
06/17/17, 12:37 PM   #5
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Letho View Post
As far as I know it ZOS has never replied to questions wether this program was allowed or not. As an online gaming account is sth. that has lots of time invested in it I'd rather refrain from posting it here, as layer 8 errors leading to account loss will be very painful for those who are affected and in ultimo damage this site's reputation: What I am trying to say is that downloadable addons should be safe to use when being posted here, I personally trust the site to look after that. Just my 2 cents
It's safe, the draw distance no longer increases the distance at which other players or enemies are rendered. They removed this so enemies can only been seen at a certain distance despite how far you make your draw distance. The downside to this is in Cyrodill since you can see so far off in the distance, it will look like players are magically appearing. This is because the game has a maximum limit of how far off enemies can be rendered. They specifically did this to avoid the issue of Hook64 being used as an exploiting tool.They also unbanned players who were banned for unintentionally exploiting draw distance to see Zergs across the map. This all happen in 2014, so you can rest assured that it's perfectly safe to use Hook64.

The depth buffer access thing is also not a problem. ZOS is aware, and has taken measures to prevent any possibility of exploiting with it. Hope this information helps.

Also for the record, theres a higher chance of addons having something malicious about them and end up getting you banned. I Remember in the past there was an issue of ZOS banning people who's addons were triggering something that indicated they're cheating.

Last edited by Jizargo : 06/17/17 at 12:40 PM.