View Single Post
06/18/17, 12:33 PM   #7
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Letho View Post
Nobody was banned for using Miat's spell alerts and the addon circumvented all stealth mechanics. I don't think you can anticipate ZOS behavior logically, as the owner of the game they have the right to ban/unban every programm they don't like, be it comprehensible (ToS, EULA, etc.) or not. So while I definetely think they should officially allow ENBs, I would hesitate using one as long as they haven't officially given any persmission to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I love graphical overhauls and I would love seeing it in ESO! So if you could get ZOS to officially permit it's usage or release a table of functions that are allowed or not allowed, it would be much appreciated, so I could use it myself

I told you how Hook64 was used to exploit the rendering distance of enemies/players. ZOS being people with actual brains decided to make the render distance of players and draw distance seperate so people can increase their draw distance without having an unfair advantage over others.

If you want a statement from ZOS then go ahead and contact them. I feel you're pressuring me to do something and I'm not going to bend over backwards for you. For the past 3 years there hasn't been any new exploits dealing with draw distance or depth buffer access. Considering the nature of this game there is no exploits that could be done. ZOS has already patched the only possible way it could be exploited. They've also allowed people to use Hook64 publicly on their forums, they've never made a specific statement on the matter because if they did say "Hook64 is fine to use" then the developer creates a version that can somehow exploit the game, then they'll have to retract their statements and or unban players intentionally exploiting who can argue ZOS said it's fine.