View Single Post
05/02/17, 11:55 AM   #14
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If i take the example of Lotro, there is a created channel running for 10 years now, in which you can get only by invitation. But once you are in, each time you log in the game, you enter the channel. You can leave it, and enter in at your choice as you are part of it. But if you are banned from it, you will never be able to access it again.
This channel was created at start for a rp guild, but was so helpfull and creating activities that a lot outsiders from guild asked to be in and were invited. They still do raid on sunday with that channel for everyone, and any sorts of grouping to help everyone, as they also do rp. I do not think that people thought at first it was an controled channel. And it proved to be one of the most sucessfull channel of the game. Still exist. And i do not play regularly on lotro, but i am still in that channel, with the characters i wanted in, and i love when i log to see people i know and new people. You never fill alone.

Actually i created a guild in ESO, just to be able to keep things in mind, on a channel : help for quest, help for places i need to find, i am alone in it. (its a copy past channel from internet to game)

Originally Posted by Ek1 View Post
That would create channel creation race as then those people would control the that channel and that control could be monetized.
Millions of chats like these have taught that the less channel power there is, the less it can be abused. Also having ghost channels is quite pointless as they could be simply re-created upon entry, just like group chats are.

Also if not some I/O is opened I don't see how this could be done through (or be related to) an add-on.

Last edited by Anceane : 05/02/17 at 11:58 AM.