Thread: Censorship
View Single Post
08/09/17, 07:06 AM   #28
Nita_b2
I just wanted to put my 2 cents in here regarding the suggestion to pop up a warning to users when they're about to install an addon from a still unknown author.
I am fairly computer literate, certainly enough to understand the discussion here. I can't however write nor decipher a single line of code.
From a user point of view, such a warning is useless. Imagine you're facing a ladder that looks like any other ladder in the world, yet somebody wrote "use at your own risk". There's no way for us "simple users" to make an educated decision about that because we cannot evaluate that risk, nor its potential consequences. The only purpose of such a warning is a waiver of liability for the esoui site. It's no real help for users.
Since ZOS will not interfere with allowing or prohibiting addons (other than via the API), the only "institution" who can make a decision here is... esoui.
If I understand correctly, NAH can be very dangerous... however noone as of now is able to tell if it actually IS dangerous, or not, or may become dangerous.
If you can't... who can ? The average ESO player ?
In my humble opinion, you guys at esoui should take a stance. I know, it's not easy, you're all benevolent and all. But the reality is, you're the only ones who can. And as such, you should...