08/03/16, 04:09 PM   #1
Shadowshire
Unresponsive Script Causes Firefox 48 to Crash

The ESOUI website pages on which add-ons are listed have a script which becomes "unresponsive" and causes Firefox to display an error dialog. Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot at this writing. But what it amounts to is that some JavaScript routine probably has a bug that causes it to halt without exiting normally. Or perhaps it is trying to do something with my computer system that it has no authorization to do.

Regardless, the script stops running and has the effect of freezing Firefox itself. Eventually, either Firefox will recover and I can close the ESOUI tabs without incident, or, if I am using a different window at the time the error occurs, Firelfox is likely to stop executing or simply exit because of the problem (usually it sends a WER report to Mozilla). If Firefox doesn't exit, then Windows 7 SP 1 will eventually shut it down as a non-responding program.

FWIW, its seems to me that someone who does not know what they are doing is attempting to use the native HTML 5 video capability to display a commercial video. They never stop to consider whether the user has the bandwidth for that or who is paying for it, among other issues. Please tell them to stop screwing with your website unless and until they can get it right, and, no, we don't visit ESOUI to watch TV commercials via the Internet. Thank you for listening.
08/04/16, 09:11 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Shadowshire,

Thank you for reporting this. If you have time can you please visit this link and paste the contents of it here? It will list all the ads our ad provider has sent you and it will help us track down the bad one.

Very sorry for the trouble!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Unresponsive Script Causes Firefox 48 to Crash