Quantcast
Download
(13 Kb)
Download
Updated: 02/23/19 06:20 PM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Wrathstone (4.3)
Updated:02/23/19 06:20 PM
Created:03/29/16 07:11 PM
Monthly downloads:4,153
Total downloads:15,155
Favorites:37
MD5:
4.3
Custom Titles  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 4.2
by: Dolgubon, Ayantir
If you want to disable this library, check out DisableLibCustomTitles


Applications for titles are now OPEN! If you would like one, you can fill out the form here: goo.gl/forms/nHyeJZG1efZbjY632


Obtaining a Custom Title:
If you would like a custom title, you must fulfill ONE of the following requirements:
  • You are max +100 CP (Currently 910 CP)
  • OR you have over 100 days played on a character
  • OR have 22.5k achievement points
  • OR you have contributed to the ESO community in a non trivial way. e.g. Streamer, GM of a large guild, Add-on developer, etc.
If you do not meet any of the requirements, you may still receive a custom title if you can show that you have made some kind of commitment, contribution, or achievement to or in the game. Requirements are subject to change, however changes are not retroactive.

Custom Title Rules:
Custom titles MUST:
  • Follow the TOS
  • Follow the Code of Conduct rules for account names and character names. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • It must be safe for work (2.1)
  • Must not be derogatory, offensive, or defamatory towards famous people, nor reference other player's personal info, account names, or character names, or reference copyrighted names or characters. (2.3)
  • Not be political (This includes politically charged words, or current political issues)
  • Not contain swear words
  • Not be available in game (if a previously title becomes available in game it will be removed)
Any titles that fail to follow one or more of these rules will be denied. If you are not sure if a title follows these rules, it probably does not. Choose another title.


FAQ:
Can't I just edit the lua files myself?
You can, but you'll need to fill out the form if you want other people to see it.

When will I see my title in-game?

This depends, but it may take a month or more before you begin seeing your title. If the title is approved, you should at the latest see it soon after the next major game update.

How do I know if my title approved?
If you are applying for a title based on some proof of commitment or contribution not listed above, you may ask if your title was approved. If you are asking about whether your title was approved based on the Custom Title rules, then you will not receive an answer. If you are not sure if a title is fine, it probably isn't.

What do you mean by a non trivial contribution?
If the contribution doesn't really contribute much to the community. If you're a streamer, then you should have more than just a few viewers. If you're a guild GM, but only 5 people are active, that's not really contributing much. If you are an add-on author, but your add-on is just a few lines of code, or is a copy of another add-on with only a few lines changed, that is also trivial.

What kind of alternate contributions to the community are there?
These are taken on a case by case basis, because it is impossible to cover all possible ways to contribute. Maybe you've made a popular website for ESO, or maybe you're very active on the forums, or maybe you're a mod for the ESO subreddit, or maybe it is something else.

What kind of alternate proofs of commitment are accepted?
Something that is difficult to achieve. Maybe you have 100 million gold. Maybe you've completed a No Death, Hardmode, Speedrun of a vet DLC trial. These are also taken on a case by case basis.

Why are titles not allowed to be political:
This is a game, so leave the politics out of it.

Why can't my title be NSFW/offensive/have swear words? The game is rated M anyway!
The Code of Conduct prohibits sexually explicit, and excretory account names and character names, (which can be reasonably extended to custom titles) as well as other various offensive content. (2.1, 2.2, 2.3) As these titles are things that other players will see, titles must follow the Code of Conduct, which means no NSFW. Additionally, it also prohibits the distribution of such content, so allowing such titles would also mean breaking the Code of Conduct on my end. (2.6)

Why can't my title be one available from in game?
Get the title yourself. If it is just given to you, it devalues everyone else's work in getting that achievement.

But I have it already on one toon and want it account wide!
Get it on another toon then, or ask ZOS to make them account wide. ZOS has made the decision to have titles be account bound.

Why can't I replace X title?
Only the titles listed in the dropdown can be replaced to make the library simpler. You can instead choose to replace titles globally on your account or character.

I chose to replace my titles globally, but I still see all my other titles!
The titles are still replaced globally: No matter what title you choose, other people will still see your custom title. Your custom title shows up just once so that you can know what title people without the library will see.

Why do you recommend translations? How can I get a translation?
Translations are recommended because it allows other players to see the custom title even if they do not share the same language as you do. Even on the NA server, there are many non English players. You can get a translation from someone else who speaks the language. You can also get one from Google Translate, but I don't suggest that.

I made a mistake in my application/I want a different title/I changed my mind. What can I do?
If you uploaded the wrong screenshot, then you will need to contact me, as it may already have been denied. If your original title broke the rules, and was not included, you are out of luck. If you simply want to change your title name, the character it is on, or what to replace, you can edit your response and the changes will be included in the next version.

I had a title from Ayantir. Do I need to apply again?
Yes. All titles were wiped. If you previously had a title from Ayantir, but do not meet the title requirements, you can still receive one, just mention that in the required screenshot.

I don't meet those requirements for a title. Can I still have one/can I have an extra title?
No.

But I'm your friend!
Still no.

How much does a title cost?
Nothing! You also cannot buy a title. Any gold or money sent to try and buy a title will be ignored!
This change log will only list changes to the base code of the library. It will not include additions or deletions of titles.
Whole number version increases are a new feature or bugfix.
Decimal number increases are simply title additions.

Version 4:

Changed what u umlaut was mapped to, as it was providing issues

Version 3:
Fixed some issues with language and players using a non official langauge

Version 2:
Fixed an issue where titles that did not globally replace were not showing up for the player with the title


Version 1:
Added Global titles. If a title global, it will show regardless of what tile is selected. However, in the titles list it will only replace Volunteer.
If no title is given for a specific language, then no custom title will be used. The exception is non official game languages.
All previous titles have been wiped. If you had a title previously and would still like one, please fill out the form at tinyurl.com/ESOCustomTitles
Names and titles are no longer in plain text. Thanks, JPDouble!
Changed the storage format for titles.
Optional Files (0)


Archived Files (23)
File Name
Version
Size
Uploader
Date
4.1
11kB
Dolgubon
10/21/18 08:47 PM
4.0
10kB
Dolgubon
09/20/18 07:14 PM
3.1
8kB
Dolgubon
08/06/18 07:59 PM
1
7kB
Dolgubon
06/30/18 06:39 PM
20
4kB
Dolgubon
07/15/17 03:43 PM
19
4kB
Ayantir
05/24/17 12:16 PM
18
4kB
Ayantir
02/01/17 02:31 PM
17
4kB
Ayantir
01/27/17 11:33 PM
16
4kB
Ayantir
12/11/16 12:32 AM
15
4kB
Ayantir
10/24/16 09:26 AM
14
4kB
Ayantir
10/07/16 08:36 PM
13
4kB
Ayantir
09/28/16 11:05 AM
12
3kB
Ayantir
08/03/16 10:27 AM
11
3kB
Dolby
05/11/16 11:30 AM
10
2kB
Ayantir
04/28/16 06:25 AM
9
2kB
Ayantir
04/20/16 03:26 AM
8
2kB
Ayantir
04/14/16 09:09 AM
7
2kB
Ayantir
04/13/16 11:35 AM
6
2kB
Ayantir
04/12/16 03:44 PM
5
2kB
Ayantir
04/11/16 07:28 AM
4
2kB
Ayantir
04/03/16 02:01 AM
2
2kB
Ayantir
04/01/16 02:51 AM
1
2kB
Ayantir
03/29/16 07:11 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 11/12/18, 12:58 PM  
SharkWithALaserBeam

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Ive seen this addon around and figured i give it a shot as well. Not sure what the waiting period (with a busy schedule I examine), but I submitted a request. Not sure what the boundary/requirements for a colored title would be, but if possible I think that would be pretty cool touch.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/18, 02:24 AM  
REManiA

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Hello!

Do anyone know why did I first get the custom title, and after another entry into the game, the title is gone?
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/18, 04:25 AM  
Aeonhack

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Did my title get approved? @Zelos also any time frame for it?
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/18, 06:44 PM  
Dolgubon
 
Dolgubon's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 564
Uploads: 14
Originally Posted by Mahach22
Hi!

I sent a screenshot showing my current CP some times ago in google form. Will I get custom title? @Mahach22
Should be in game now.


Originally Posted by thehendrix
Hey,

So I just downloaded the Custom Titles Addon through minion so I could see all the titles, and once installed the addon nor the library needed show up in my addons. Is this because of Murkmire? It isn't showing up in the addon checklist at all, the addon and the library needed. I've tried re-installing via Minion. Thanks.

The library does not show up on the addon list. However, that is something that I might actually change. There's also some other reasons that it might not show up:
- You didn't make the last update for the library. The library is updated periodically, a minimum of once per major ESO patch. Last one was about a week ago.
- There was an issue with the form completion.- You have it, and just don't see it. If you select 'Replace all Titles' in the character sheet titles list, it will only replace one title, though you can select any title in the list to show the custom title
- You are only looking at nameplates. The library does not affect nameplates.
Last edited by Dolgubon : 10/24/18 at 06:45 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/18, 08:12 PM  
thehendrix

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 36
Uploads: 0
Hey,

So I just downloaded the Custom Titles Addon through minion so I could see all the titles, and once installed the addon nor the library needed show up in my addons. Is this because of Murkmire? It isn't showing up in the addon checklist at all, the addon and the library needed. I've tried re-installing via Minion. Thanks.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/18, 06:31 PM  
Mahach22

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Hi!

I sent a screenshot showing my current CP some times ago in google form. Will I get custom title? @Mahach22
Last edited by Mahach22 : 10/21/18 at 06:32 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/18, 09:52 PM  
Dolgubon
 
Dolgubon's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 564
Uploads: 14
Originally Posted by I'vegotnoideayetagain
Hi!

I'd like to update my commitment proof, I sent a link to a screenshot showing my current CP, but I really would like to show more proofs, is it possible to update? Do I have to resend a form? @JustJGodEmoGothNDark

(XD)
There's no need to show any further proof. As long as you meet one of the requirements, you're fine.

Even if you just really really want to, unless you are still able to edit the form, I'd ask that you don't resubmit the form. It'd just make more work for me.
Last edited by Dolgubon : 10/04/18 at 10:11 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/18, 03:36 PM  
I'vegotnoideayetagain

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Hi!

I'd like to update my commitment proof, I sent a link to a screenshot showing my current CP, but I really would like to show more proofs, is it possible to update? Do I have to resend a form? @JustJGodEmoGothNDark

(XD)
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/18, 11:00 AM  
Baertram
 
Baertram's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 2003
File comments: 2180
Uploads: 54
Originally Posted by thehendrix
How do you request the title be in a specific color or font? I didn't see it anywhere in the application pages. Thanks.
Yes, I also want my title to blink in a fancy light-green wingdings font and run from the left to the right on other ppls game client please!

Just in case you did not get it: /irony off
Last edited by Baertram : 09/21/18 at 11:00 AM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/18, 04:53 PM  
thehendrix

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 36
Uploads: 0
How do you request the title be in a specific color or font? I didn't see it anywhere in the application pages. Thanks.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/19/18, 07:50 PM  
laksikus

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Hey
Are the old custom titles from 2016 still active?
I think i always saw my custom title in the drop down menu where you choose your title, but thats gone now.
So not sure if I should reapply or not


edit
nvm i found the answer.
what addons show titles now? still skyshards and lorebooks?
Last edited by laksikus : 08/19/18 at 08:17 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/18, 05:19 AM  
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 33
File comments: 58
Uploads: 2
Originally Posted by Dolgubon
So first of all, you make a good point in regards to the accepted responsibility, and I definitely didn't think of it like that. The reasoning I outlined for that particular restriction wasn't really my reasoning, and in retrospect, it doesn't really apply, and I can see how it might have been slightly insulting. That said, I do have a good reason for it, and I hope you'll hear me out.


The main thing is that I do not want to give ZOS any reason to have an issue with the titles in the library. I've seen multiple people get forced name changes due to sexually explicit names, and so that's a lot of what went into that. I also ended up looking into the Code of Conduct a bit more as a result of your post, and it does say that account names or character names should not be sexually explicit. While it doesn't say Titles, I think that custom titles should fall under the same rules. And, as mentioned, I don't want to give ZOS any reasons to have issues with the library, especially since they don't have an easy way to deal with things they don't like.(e.g. forced name changes, they can't really do forced title changes with this)

The CoC also prohibits the distribution of such content, and to allow sexually explicit titles would thus have me breaking that provision.

I will edit the addon page to make it a lot clearer as to my reasoning for those and related restrictions.

The non political rule, and the must not be available in game are both not from the code of conduct. The non political rule is because I do not want to make any political statements, or be accused of making any, and as far as I know, most people do not want to see political stuff in game either. The must not be available in game rule is because, if it is available in game, then you should earn it, and obtaining it through this devalues the efforts of other players - even if you've earned it on one toon and just want it on another one too.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by trivial titles. The only mention of trivial is in the requirements for having a custom title, not about what can be in the title.

Originally Posted by Jizargo
You don't appear to understand accepted responsibility. First off, according to child privacy protection laws you must be 13 years of age or older to begin using certain services or products provided by companies, such as ESO. Second, if you are under the age of 18 your parent is responsible for you, so if you are playing a game that is recommended for people ages of 18 or older (keyword recommended, not legally required) then your parents/you have taken accepted responsibility of any graphic material you may be subjected to. In Grand Theft Auto if you don't want people seeing you murder and rob people then don't play it in public, if you don't want your kids seeing warfare then don't play CoD in front of them.

You have the right to do whatever you want with your mod/addon within the terms of services, however acting as a governing force to tell people what they can and cannot make their title on the basis of inappropriate material is absurd. The same can be said for trivial titles. I haven't downloaded or really looked into this at all, but I'm assuming this addon feeds information to a third party service. You by all means have the right to do whatever you want, but seeing you openly declare such violations of individual liberty and dismissal of accepted responsibility really causes me to detest you and this addon, hence I will not be using it until this is changed.
That's a fair response and gladly welcomed change. I see your point as well, I too have taken precautions in the past to stay within ZOS' terms of service and understand completely your position on the matter. It is indeed well justified.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/08/18, 07:47 AM  
SlippyCheeze
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 52
File comments: 234
Uploads: 1
Originally Posted by Dolgubon
So first of all, you make a good point in regards to the accepted responsibility, and I definitely didn't think of it like that. The reasoning I outlined for that particular restriction wasn't really my reasoning, and in retrospect, it doesn't really apply, and I can see how it might have been slightly insulting. That said, I do have a good reason for it, and I hope you'll hear me out.


The main thing is that I do not want to give ZOS any reason to have an issue with the titles in the library. I've seen multiple people get forced name changes due to sexually explicit names, and so that's a lot of what went into that. I also ended up looking into the Code of Conduct a bit more as a result of your post, and it does say that account names or character names should not be sexually explicit. While it doesn't say Titles, I think that custom titles should fall under the same rules. And, as mentioned, I don't want to give ZOS any reasons to have issues with the library, especially since they don't have an easy way to deal with things they don't like.(e.g. forced name changes, they can't really do forced title changes with this)

The CoC also prohibits the distribution of such content, and to allow sexually explicit titles would thus have me breaking that provision.
I also want to echo this: this is a good and sensible decision. ESO is not an open platform, and the owners of it have the right to set whatever arbitrary limits they wish on speech. They have a well establish pattern that, for example, sexual names, political names, and names resembling people in the news are going to get a name change.

So, Dolgubon is absolutely right to respect that in this addon -- regardless of what they, I, or anyone else might think is appropriate.

We can reasonably disagree about the policies ZOS use being good, bad, or dumb. We can't reasonably disagree about the fact that they exist, or that if it came to it, the courts routinely support the right of vastly more "publisher-like" platforms to impose similar conditions of use.

So, yeah, these rules are where they should be. Arguments in theory are great, but in practice, these are the rules we live under if we play ESO, and Dolgubon is right to stick with them too.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/08/18, 04:36 AM  
Zazariz

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
I applied for a title under @Zazariz for a character specific title on Zazariz Nightreaver.

As I finished the application, things seemed to stutter and I'm not sure if it went through or not. I'd rather not repeat and end up spamming by mistake. Could I get some confirmation on if the application went through or not? I thought I had previously submitted an application, but I went to edit and didn't have the option to. Yay for not doing what I thought I did, I guess.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/18, 07:41 PM  
Dolgubon
 
Dolgubon's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 328
File comments: 564
Uploads: 14
So first of all, you make a good point in regards to the accepted responsibility, and I definitely didn't think of it like that. The reasoning I outlined for that particular restriction wasn't really my reasoning, and in retrospect, it doesn't really apply, and I can see how it might have been slightly insulting. That said, I do have a good reason for it, and I hope you'll hear me out.


The main thing is that I do not want to give ZOS any reason to have an issue with the titles in the library. I've seen multiple people get forced name changes due to sexually explicit names, and so that's a lot of what went into that. I also ended up looking into the Code of Conduct a bit more as a result of your post, and it does say that account names or character names should not be sexually explicit. While it doesn't say Titles, I think that custom titles should fall under the same rules. And, as mentioned, I don't want to give ZOS any reasons to have issues with the library, especially since they don't have an easy way to deal with things they don't like.(e.g. forced name changes, they can't really do forced title changes with this)

The CoC also prohibits the distribution of such content, and to allow sexually explicit titles would thus have me breaking that provision.

I will edit the addon page to make it a lot clearer as to my reasoning for those and related restrictions.

The non political rule, and the must not be available in game are both not from the code of conduct. The non political rule is because I do not want to make any political statements, or be accused of making any, and as far as I know, most people do not want to see political stuff in game either. The must not be available in game rule is because, if it is available in game, then you should earn it, and obtaining it through this devalues the efforts of other players - even if you've earned it on one toon and just want it on another one too.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by trivial titles. The only mention of trivial is in the requirements for having a custom title, not about what can be in the title.

Originally Posted by Jizargo
You don't appear to understand accepted responsibility. First off, according to child privacy protection laws you must be 13 years of age or older to begin using certain services or products provided by companies, such as ESO. Second, if you are under the age of 18 your parent is responsible for you, so if you are playing a game that is recommended for people ages of 18 or older (keyword recommended, not legally required) then your parents/you have taken accepted responsibility of any graphic material you may be subjected to. In Grand Theft Auto if you don't want people seeing you murder and rob people then don't play it in public, if you don't want your kids seeing warfare then don't play CoD in front of them.

You have the right to do whatever you want with your mod/addon within the terms of services, however acting as a governing force to tell people what they can and cannot make their title on the basis of inappropriate material is absurd. The same can be said for trivial titles. I haven't downloaded or really looked into this at all, but I'm assuming this addon feeds information to a third party service. You by all means have the right to do whatever you want, but seeing you openly declare such violations of individual liberty and dismissal of accepted responsibility really causes me to detest you and this addon, hence I will not be using it until this is changed.
Last edited by Dolgubon : 08/07/18 at 07:47 PM.
Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: