ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   News (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AddOn API Released! (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80)

Taiisien 03/20/14 07:24 PM

I would think probably not, however since it is in a wiki hopefully some of our Addon Authors (myself included when I make it that far) will update the wiki with these descriptions once it all gets sorted and put in the appropriate place. One thing that will slow progress is that ZOS just released an updated version of the API and they removed quite a bit and changed some others. Until launch though we cannot say what the default UI will hold or what the final of the API will be so I like to believe we are just waiting on that before we start filling in pages with descriptions and examples only to have things change. Hope I answered your question even if I took the long way to do it.

datbunneh 03/21/14 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiisien (Post 1562)
I would think probably not, however since it is in a wiki hopefully some of our Addon Authors (myself included when I make it that far) will update the wiki with these descriptions once it all gets sorted and put in the appropriate place. One thing that will slow progress is that ZOS just released an updated version of the API and they removed quite a bit and changed some others. Until launch though we cannot say what the default UI will hold or what the final of the API will be so I like to believe we are just waiting on that before we start filling in pages with descriptions and examples only to have things change. Hope I answered your question even if I took the long way to do it.

Absolutely! :D Thank you!

Taiisien 03/21/14 11:52 AM

You're Quite Welcome

Xrystal 04/01/14 05:18 PM

Now, the question is whether we will get access to that part of ESO that will help us figure out how to use those fancy controls. Kind of like WoW lets us get at. I feel that may be the only way I will understand how the map and compass generate their pins.

beeradg 04/09/14 06:49 AM

CallSecureProtected

I submitted an addon that uses the "protected" functions - and works.

Here's a git repo https://github.com/bradgearon/eso-stuff

Stuff.lua line 11 and 14 are the important chunks...

Stormknight 04/09/14 09:01 AM

Nice.

Has anyone got an extract of the code used for the standard UI, so we can see how Zenimax have coded their own UI?

It's been a few years since I was creating wow mods and I'm having to re-learn much of this, mostly from looking at some of the great mods hosted on here. :)

Xrystal 04/09/14 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormknight (Post 3504)
Nice.

Has anyone got an extract of the code used for the standard UI, so we can see how Zenimax have coded their own UI?

It's been a few years since I was creating wow mods and I'm having to re-learn much of this, mostly from looking at some of the great mods hosted on here. :)

I don't think those that do have access are allowed to release that info out yet.

thelegendaryof 04/09/14 10:23 AM

Seerah seems to have access to it. But already posted yesterday that the info still isn't allowed to be made public yet.
Got the same response from Pawkette :(

ins 04/10/14 08:17 AM

Just a Q: The closed beta testers have access to this, but nobody else?
Seems a bit "unfair" if they have access to a lot more documentation for making addons than the rest of us :)

Also strange that Zeni still haven't released a zip file with everything like WOW pretty much did immediately, and Wildstar will launch with (+ Houston).

Oh well.

:confused::confused::confused:

Xrystal 04/10/14 10:30 AM

It could be that they are still reviewing the rest of the addon API to see what they feel comfortable in releasing to the public. For all we know the API side of things are still in beta.

I would rather have a robust API than one with holes in it because they released it all too soon.

Seerah 04/10/14 08:22 PM

What is posted on the wiki is what was provided by ZOS during the beta.

Tonyleila 04/10/14 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zork (Post 427)

Ahh zork! I'm glad to see you play eso :) Hope we'll see some cool addons from you!
Maybe ESO Diablo? Hehe no :p

Gėd 05/05/14 06:34 AM

Why has this been down for an entire month?

Page literally does not load.

Please update!

Wobin 05/05/14 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gėd (Post 6976)
Why has this been down for an entire month?

Page literally does not load.

Please update!

It.. hasn't? The wiki has been working since the start...

Cairenn 05/05/14 09:11 AM

What Wobin said? :confused:

Gėd 05/05/14 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wobin (Post 6977)
It.. hasn't? The wiki has been working since the start...

Bizarre, with Firefox I'm getting a blank page (and have been for a while) but just checked with Chrome after reading your comment, and it is indeed working. Not sure if anyone else has had issues with FF? I figured it had just been down for updates... wish I'd checked Chrome sooner!

Apologies, it's clearly working fine. Can't wait to tackle that API so ty!! :D

Cairenn 05/05/14 10:39 AM

That is really odd. Glad you're able to get to it now, though.

ingeniousclown 05/05/14 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gėd (Post 6991)
Bizarre, with Firefox I'm getting a blank page (and have been for a while) but just checked with Chrome after reading your comment, and it is indeed working. Not sure if anyone else has had issues with FF? I figured it had just been down for updates... wish I'd checked Chrome sooner!

Apologies, it's clearly working fine. Can't wait to tackle that API so ty!! :D

On Firefox, there are a couple things you could try.

First, try a hard refresh on the page. Control + F5. This shouldn't be any different from having closed and re-opened the browser, however...
If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache from the settings. Then maybe your cookies (if you don't mind having to re-log in everywhere).

All those failing, you could try re-installing the browser or just using Chrome indefinitely :)

mattmesa 07/05/14 06:55 PM

API Mentor

Anyone looking to take on an assistant ESO API developer?

-Matt

farangkao 07/06/14 04:04 PM

Since Matt brought this topic back from the grave.

Any developer who already has an Addon active on ESOUI , send me a PM for info how to extract their API from the Data. I won't post any public topic for that.