ESOUI

ESOUI (https://www.esoui.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions (https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Add "sticky" comments to AddOns (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8420)

Baertram 03/21/19 09:22 AM

Add "sticky" comments to AddOns

Hey Dolby,

please allow us to add at least one sticky comment to the addon comments.
This would make life so much easier for us and the users as we can post FAQ links, and most up2date info about bugs etc. in there and they would not scroll down each time.

The users do not check the chagelog or description. They ONLY read comments, if they do this at least.

Many many many many many thanks for making this happen!
Baertram, speaking for the devs :D

sirinsidiator 03/21/19 09:25 AM

So much yes please! And make the sticky comment show with a red background on top of the post comment input field. :)

Shinni 03/21/19 09:49 AM

I would like this a lot. I often have to answer very similar comments over and over again. Having a sticky at the top would help, especially if it's above the new comment button.

merlight 03/21/19 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baertram (Post 37501)
This would make life so much easier for us and the users as we can post FAQ links

Nobody likes fake links. :D

Dolby 03/22/19 07:04 AM

Ok I'll see what I can do. :)

Dolgubon 03/22/19 07:17 AM

If the sticky thing is made I'll let you know if it works next time ZOS breaks my add-on

Baertram 03/22/19 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolgubon (Post 37524)
If the sticky thing is made I'll let you know if it works next time ZOS breaks my add-on

:p

Awesome @Dolby!

sirinsidiator 04/14/19 06:33 AM

Any news on this? Can't wait for it. :D

Dolby 04/14/19 10:12 AM

Finished the DB & query changes along with the comment style changes. Just need to work on the front end author UI so you can enable the sticky post. Do you have a comment you want stickied right away? I can do it manually right now... just let me know the comment id. Otherwise I should have the author UI stuff done soon.

sirinsidiator 04/14/19 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 37750)
Finished the DB & query changes along with the comment style changes. Just need to work on the front end author UI so you can enable the sticky post. Do you have a comment you want stickied right away? I can do it manually right now... just let me know the comment id. Otherwise I should have the author UI stuff done soon.

I'll take you up on that offer. :D
Id should be 105982 (otherwise it's just my latest one in the AGS comments)

Dolby 04/14/19 01:18 PM

ok made it sticky

sirinsidiator 04/14/19 01:31 PM

Thanks! Are there any plans to make it show up in the same way on the Post Comment page? Ideally on top of the form? :D

psypanda 06/03/19 04:45 AM

Any update/progress on this?
Seeing the sticky reply on AwesomeGuildStore makes me jealous :D

Dolgubon 06/03/19 03:51 PM

You could ask Dolby to manually sticky a comment for you, if you want one now.