View Single Post
09/12/14, 08:52 AM   #8
niocwy
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I feel like an idiot now trying to download 5GB I guess it's just the audio files.

I would first look at string buffType, BuffEffectType effectType, AbilityType abilityType, StatusEffectType statusEffectType as they seem to be exactly what I would need to identify what buff I am looking at, without having to worry about localization issues?
You're right, and I did look at them at first, but they actually don't help at all :
- buffType is an empty string
- effectType =1 , or BUFF_EFFECT_TYPE_BUFF that means it's a buff (2 is BUFF_EFFECT_TYPE_DEBUFF and 0 is BUFF_EFFECT_TYPE_NOT_AN_EFFECT )
- statusEffectType = 0, or STATUS_EFFECT_TYPE_NONE
- abilityType = 0 or ABILITY_NONE for beverages and 5 or ABILITY_BONUS for foods

As for the icon, for all food an beverage it's the same : "/esoui/art/icons/icon_potion_full.dds"

So, as you see, at first sight that's not really helpful for food/beverage buff identification, so that's why I decided to use the buffName. I guess I'll use it in combination with the icon name and effectType, just to be sure, but I believe testing buffName should be more than enough.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your answers, now I can make this work

PS : for those wondering why I'm doing all this, I'm playing around with UNIT_ATTRIBUTE_VISUALS and the way the game calculate regeneration values is either weird or plain broken, especially when you add beverages and HOT ticks crits into the mix...so identfying clearly if I have a beverage buff helps a lot.

Last edited by niocwy : 09/12/14 at 08:57 AM.