View Single Post
11/25/14, 07:58 PM   #30
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No, it would be far easier to use a library to check yourself & much better than waiting for researchAssistant. I don't know anything about libResearch, I'm sure its great, but I don't know anything about it so I can not speak towards it...but I have a library libItemInfo that tells users information about items on a single call, like is an item 1h, is it jewelry, is it researchable, does the user need it for research, exc...tons of stuff you can find out with a single call. For example to check if an item is needed for research by the user all you have to do is:
Lua Code:
  1. -- You do \have to include the library file in your .txt file, see instructions on my portal page for libItemInfo
  3. --Put this line at the top of your code file to register the library
  4. local LII = LibStub:GetLibrary("LibItemInfo-1.0")
  7. -- Then Call this function & pass in either a link
  8. LII:NeedForResearch(Link)
  10. -- or a bagId & slotId, it will work either way, that's it.
  11. LII:NeedForResearch(BagId, SlotId)

But this won't check if the item will be researchable with any of your characters, or am I wrong?
ResearchAssistant got some pretty nice features. I'll have a look at the libResearch then and see if I can use it.

Originally Posted by circonian View Post
I don't know what changes he made, I've not looked at it, but keep in mind if you release that with your addons, depending upon the changes he made, could this mess up other addons who are using libFilters if this version of the library gets loaded first. And if it doesn't get loaded first, then it doesn't matter if you include it or not, it wont get used and it wont help your addon.

You need an official update. You need randactyl to fix it.
Yep. As far as I know libFilters is only used in AdvancedFilters, Item Saver and FCOItemSaver so far. But maybe other addons use it too.

I've implemented some of the parts merlight and you have pointed me to into FCOItemSaver.
I don't find the time to recode everything for now. But this is on my todo list for the future, so it will become faster and faster ;-)
If any1 wants to test the version, including libFilters fixed by merlight, you can download it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._0_4_0beta.zip

Last edited by Baertram : 11/25/14 at 08:01 PM.