View Single Post
03/10/15, 12:23 PM   #22
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
I got a bit lost. Could someone please explain the whole guard interaction to me? They don't break your skull like they say they would, if you broke the law?
If you commit a crime you gain infamy. If you then walk up to a guard, while you have infamy, they will run up to you and start a conversation. It will give you two options: (1) to pay your bounty and clear your infamy, (2) To attempt to run off and get away from the guards. If you choose this option they will chase & attack you.

If you keep committing crimes and get enough infamy the guards will KOS, Kill you On Sight. They will not give you any chance to pay a bounty.

So the problem is with add-ons doing stuff on inventory slot/full update?
Yes, when you pay the bounty (IF you have any stolen items on you) it does a full update and firing singlSlotUpdate event for all of your inv slots where lots of addons run code. So everyone ends up running a lot of code on every slot in all of the inventories.

If you need to do something upon full backpack update, maybe you could delay that until out of certain scenes:
I can't double check it right now, but I'm pretty sure I tried this. I don't think there was any special scene for it. It was just the normal HUD_SCENE. So that wouldn't help them know when they get caught or when the updating ends.