View Single Post
03/13/15, 04:25 PM   #15
Nolan Kotulan

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
There is an undocumented function RedirectTexture(texture1, texture2). I'll test if it works.

Lua Code:
  1. RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/Inventory/newItem_icon.dds", "EsoUI/Art/Buttons/accept_up.dds")
  2. RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/Inventory/inventory_stolenItem_icon.dds", "EsoUI/Art/Buttons/decline_up.dds")

EDIT:
It works.
Garkin...
I love you!!!

Seriously, thanks a lot man.
This is again exactly what I was looking for.

So, I finalised my Inventory Grid View Vanilla Skin and uploaded it.

Now, as Rendactyl asked me to not include your code in the skin itself, and until he eventually include a slider for the item zoom level (which I want to set to 0 ;) in Inventory Grid View, I also uploaded an addon that is nothing more than the code you gave us as I want it to be available for download so it can be conbined with my mod. It is called Inventory No Item Zoom. I give you full credits of course.

I also released a third addon that is now made up of your other code which override the inventory meter icons. So I finally designed simpler meter icons and I'm very happy about them as they fit perfectly with the skin and the disabled zoom. This one's called Inventory Simpler Meter Icons. I give you part of the credits here, of course again.

Links
Inventory Grid View Vanilla Skin
Inventory No Item Zoom
Inventory Simpler Meter Icons

So, what's left?
  1. Still looking for someone who could adapt the Equipped apparel panel items to work like Inventory Grid View ones (customizable background, outline and hovering effect and a little bit smaller size) because even if we can customize the background and the outline by using Wykkid's Equiment Borders mod, the howering effect "can't" actually be changed (I would like to make it colored by item's quality like in inventory) and the items themselves are a little bit bigger than in inventory (and so they get out of their frames).
  2. Someone to code a mod to override the bounty meter textures as it is a very ugly piece of UI element.
  3. Coming soon...

About "2.", I think I could probably do that by myself by using the same code Garkin gave us and by finding which textures are involved by trying House of Winters - Texture Viewer (thanks Baertram). Gonna try when I have time...

Now I would like to play a little bit... ^^'

Last edited by Nolan Kotulan : 03/13/15 at 05:46 PM.