View Single Post
03/23/15, 07:08 AM   #1
coolmodi
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Added control in stat screen doesn't hide correctly

I made a addon to show me the mitigation from resistances, and someone wanted the same feature "MitigationValue" had to show it in the char screen too.

I basically used the same code that addon did for adding it to the stat screen:
Code:
function MitigationPercent:displayInCharScreen()

ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6:SetHeight(40)
		ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat1:SetAnchor(TOPLEFT, ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6, TOPLEFT)
		ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat2:SetAnchor(TOPRIGHT, ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6, TOPRIGHT)

MitigationPercentSpell:SetParent(ZO_StatsPanel)
		local width = ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat1:GetWidth()
		width = width - ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat1DiminishingReturns:GetWidth()
		MitigationPercentSpell:SetWidth(width)
		MitigationPercentSpell:ClearAnchors()	
		MitigationPercentSpell:SetAnchor(TOPLEFT, ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat1, BOTTOMLEFT)
		MitigationPercentSpell:SetHidden(false)

MitigationPercentPhys:SetParent(ZO_StatsPanel)
		width = ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat2:GetWidth()
		width = width - ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat2DiminishingReturns:GetWidth()
		MitigationPercentPhys:SetWidth(width)
		MitigationPercentPhys:ClearAnchors()	
		MitigationPercentPhys:SetAnchor(TOPLEFT, ZO_StatsPanelPaneScrollChildStatsRow6Stat2, BOTTOMLEFT)
		MitigationPercentPhys:SetHidden(false)

MitigationPercent.OnStatsUpdated()
end
which is executed by
Code:
ZO_PreHook(ZO_Stats, "InitializeKeybindButtons", function() self:displayInCharScreen() end)
But while it mostly works as it should, it will not hide correctly the first time you close the stat screen and will only show and hide correctly after i open the map, use a buff, scroll in stat screen etc.

I have no clue why this is the case. I'm no programmer or anything (only do small things like this here), but i just can't see why it only works after one of those things happens. MitigationValue seems to have the same problem (now), so i think the game itself is at fault here, but i can't find a workaround that is possible to setup with the api tools i know of.

I hope someone here can help me

Edit:
Things i thought of but miss knowledge to do:
-Open and close the map (or any other thing that has the same effect, are there such functions?)
-showing and hiding my controls whenever the statscreen opens/closes (i can do hiding on close wit hthe popped event, but how can i check when it opens again?)

Last edited by coolmodi : 03/23/15 at 07:20 AM.