View Single Post
04/18/15, 02:41 PM   #19
timidobserver
Originally Posted by mctaylor View Post

Beyond that you are not required to "be nice" or friendly with Deome and Millus, and I suspect you may not be able to entirely satisfy Deome's wishes or rather quell his(?) angry / frustration, but that is merely speculation on my part.
I suspect that an apology would completely fix the problem. His response came off as "eh, I only copied a little bit of your stuff not all of it, no big deal to me even if what I am doing is legally wrong or at least unethical." I think Deome's entire problem is that there are people acting like nothing wrong happened here. You have to look at the facts. The major supporters of MM regularly bash Deome's stuff into the ground, while at the same time their copying it? I can see why he is upset, but I bet that a simple "I screwed up, let me know how we can make this right" would entirely end the issue I think, but I could be wrong. However, egos probably won't allow such a thing to happen.

I really wish all of the egos and stuff would be dropped. IMO, it is the responsibility of addon authors to ensure compatibility with as many other addons as possible. If an author creates a new addon, they should try to ensure compatibility with already existing addons that do similar things where possible. I can run AIU, Combat Cloud, FTC at the same time with no problems even though they have similar funcionality. I can run destinations, sky shards, lore books, harvest map, mundus map, and crafting stations at the same time with no issues.

Even if they don't like each other, I feel that the authors of DD and MM should try to ensure that the addons function together, rather than just telling people not to use the other addon. It would probably take 10 minutes of collaboration to find the issue. I don't even make addons and I know that making the addons not scan at the same time would solve most of the problems.

Last edited by timidobserver : 04/18/15 at 03:05 PM.