View Single Post
06/29/15, 12:53 PM   #4
Jenneke

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
At least the crawling is impossible.
Showing a list of guilds is doable, but keeping it up to date is a huge undertaking and not worth the effort IMHO.

There are already lots of ways to find guilds.
Here on EsoUI
On the official forums (There are subforums for every server. Just got to the forum overview and scroll down to the bottom)
On reddit
eso-database.com
Just to name a few.
But nothing in-game. As for keeping it up to date, maybe a form on a tab of the addon screen for people to just fill in the blanks, and have it send the information to the author or someone in charge of maintaining the list. With a form it just becomes a matter of plugging in the blanks and either uploading, or being stored for an update release.

And yeah, I can see that it would be a lot of work to update it, but that would taper off. Either the addon wouldn't be very popular, in which case it won't be a huge amount of work; or if it was big, requests would taper off over time as the number of unlisted guilds decreases.

The best thing I can think of is for there to be some way to automate the submission process. I don't know how much, if any, out-of-game access addons can have, but maybe set it up to dump submission forms as a text or database file into a Drive account? And then, idk, a way to merge them into one database.

I don't know how to design things like this, but maybe some of these ideas will give someone who can some inspiration.