View Single Post
07/09/15, 11:20 AM   #61
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by circonian View Post
What about just just preventing the problem at the source. Stop using the right click context menu, and instead add an icon/button or something to each row entry that would pop-up our own custom context menu created with a library that could be shared, for use with all addons. Or Instead of adding a new button to the row just use the item icon that is already there as our button. Or just make it a left click context menu.
Either way then all of the code is our own. This would completely work around the secure code problem.
I like your pool hack more This would be adding another UI element, and I can already see myself hovering over an item and thinking: "Is the thing I want to do in the core menu or an add-on?"

The whole menu interface looks very... old... like from before there was a class for ZO_Anything.

How about passing an optional object pool key to AddMenuItem?
Lua Code:
  1. function AddMenuItem(mytext, myfunction, itemType, myfont, normalColor, highlightColor, itemYPad, itemKey)
  2.     local menuItemControl = ZO_Menu.itemPool:AcquireObject(itemKey)

You can use a string key with add-on name + some suffix, AcquireObject will create one object for that key and always return that one. That way you won't "steal" a secure menu item. Don't know if we can hook AddMenuItem and not break everything, in which case this parameter would've to be added by ZOS.

Edit: nevermind, this wouldn't work even if AddMenuItem could be hooked. AcquireObject() without a key would "steal" named ones...

Last edited by merlight : 07/09/15 at 05:48 PM.