View Single Post
07/20/15, 10:23 AM   #1
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Inventory search boxes & guild store sell tab filters

The basic UI deliberately hides either the filters (guild store sell tab), or the search box (everywhere else). It's not a bug, it's just a feature that doesn't make any sense.

Then there are search box bugs circonian discovered. I guess #2 and #3 are normally hidden because the search box is hidden.

Fun comment from ingame/inventory/inventory.xml
Lua Code:
  1. <!-- not dead, but dreaming... -->
  2. <EditBox name="$(parent)SearchBox"

Now we have a multitude of scattered fixes:
  • AdvancedFilters -- shows+moves search boxes and fixes bug #2
  • AwesomeGuildStore -- adds its own filters to guild store sell tab
  • Circonian's FilterIt -- shows search boxes and fixes bugs
  • Votan's Search Box -- shows+moves+decorates search boxes

Please fill in what I got wrong or missing, out of these add-ons I only use AdvancedFilters, and am so used to it that I sometimes can't tell what's the default behavior.

For me the most annoying part is missing filters at the guild store sell tab. And that's coming from someone who only sells common racial motifs when he finds some, or small stacks of green improvement mats. Like twice a month. It's been even more frustrating since (many months ago) I somehow bugged it in such a way that sometimes the filters were there.

Yesterday I managed to make the default filters show up on the sell tab with very little code, and AdvancedFilters simply work there with no additional changes.

Now I have a dilemma: to fix or not to fix. It's not a bug, but so inherently broken that I want it fixed But I will have to check the presence of AwesomeGuildStore at least, as I don't want to screw other add-ons. Are there any other?