View Single Post
08/31/15, 03:18 PM   #5
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'm just wondering how the addon can change your game files? This must be some kind of server setting then, isn't it?
Otherwise all the files we are possible to change have been in these directories.
Weird.

Idea:
Did you try the repair function in the launcher?

Another idea (after re-installing. This is what I do):
After a fresh installation + patching copy the whole ESO's launcher and game directory to an external harddrive, or another folder/harddrive.
After each patch you would be able to recopy the last files again from this external harddrive/other directory (assuming that you synch both folders some time after each patch, as you were able to play properly).
This helped me too many times in the past and saved me many hours of reinstalling ;-)
I just learned the hard way that :
AFAIK chat tabs, their names and settings, are saved on the server. So if you deleted the whole Docs/ESO folder, i.e. all add-ons and saved vars, and the client is still spitting errors, it's likely getting malformed data from the server. I don't want to jump conclusions, but I doubt reinstall will help.
Now my reinstall is almost done, and i must say that i am almost afraid to log in to find out that i can not play anymore ...