View Single Post
04/02/14, 08:22 AM   #28
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
Maybe it would be a good idea to automatically include a small textfile or link in every addon available here.
Php can automate that. Some download sites do this.

This way if someone steals files from here, they'd have to repack them first to remove the links.
This might cause issues if it's in the add-on folder... I had a changelog.txt in my add-on folder at one point but it was being picked up as a separate add-on by the ESO client. Was kinda strange.

Originally Posted by Lynce View Post
Hello all, I work with a (not the) hosting company myself and deal with abuse reports.

I have just downloaded some addons that they are offering and checked them against the addons on this site. The result is, that the code is not modified in any way.

Also, their site does not contain advertising of any kind. I fully respect the authors, but the site is only reuploading the addons as they are, giving full credit to the authors and not making a dime from it in the process.

Seems like they are just making the addons more popular.
Yet this is still harmful to the add-on developers. We don't upload to that site, which means that any add-on that is downloaded from that site might be an old, unsupported or broken (somehow) version of the add-on. Innocent users of that site may not know that their issue has been fixed weeks ago.

Last edited by ingeniousclown : 04/02/14 at 08:23 AM. Reason: bothersome commas