View Single Post
09/04/15, 09:06 AM   #48
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I changed the button variable inside the anonymous SetHandler function to use the "self".
Yes, that's good.

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
And I changed the local tooltipText variable usage inside the anonymous SetHandler function to use the self.tooltipText variable now, which was passed to the button control outside the closure.
I don't see why it can't be local inside the anonymous function, you're assigning it from outputFilterState() right there. Edit: I guess you want to call outputFilterState inside the handler, not before it's set, because settings might change in-between.

outputFilterState, buttonId, settingsVars... everything that's local above the anonymous function definition goes into the closure's context.

I think you don't need to worry about that if you're only doing the whole thing once per user action. I'm saying this because that's what I do. For example here:
https://github.com/merlight/eso-merT...window.lua#L52. This function is called once after window creation. There's one closure for savePos and one for resizeStart, and they're used for handlers on lines 58-60. But each time resizeStart is called, it creates a new closure for OnUpdate handler. Does it bother me? I could put self or panel inside control and define that handler outside. But resizeStart is only called once per click on control border, that's not enough to force me to make it a little bit more convoluted.

Last edited by merlight : 09/04/15 at 09:11 AM.