View Single Post
09/04/15, 09:25 AM   #49
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the hints. I'll try to change it to local functions instead of the anonymous then too.

Ok maybe it is easier to understand where the current variables are used, and how they are used, if you take a look at the current version of FCOItemSaver and look inside the function "AddOrChangeFilterButton(...)" in source code line 6300.

The SetHandler call I described above is in line 6336.

The tooltipText could be inside the closure too, yes. I don't know why I defined it outside in the past as it will be overwritten by the outputFilterState(...) function again. I guess I had some reason and need to change and test to find it again (or drop it ). Thanks.
But you're right: I'm only setting the handler, and updating the tooltip text, if the user decided to use the tooltip for that button.
So if he changes the settings and moves the mouse over the existing button the handler needs to be updated to hide the tooltip instead. I guess I need to NIL the handler then too before changing it.

This example here, function AddOrChangeFilterButton(...), is called everytime you open the crafting station, mail panel, player trade panel, guild bank, bank to update the inventory filter buttons. So it is not used constantly but after a user action, right.

Last edited by Baertram : 09/04/15 at 09:28 AM.