View Single Post
02/23/16, 10:18 AM   #13
Wandamey
Originally Posted by votan View Post
At best ZOS would handle manifests with multiple APIVersion-TAG numbers correctly, not marking them as "out-dated", if one of the given numbers matches the current API.
True this. The only way to have something like that achieving its purpose aka being easier to use and spreading the flow of uploads is to have 100% of players using it. And the only way to get these 100% is to have it native from ZOS.

until then Devs have to take into account user who will use it and users who won't that's more work, not less.
user-wise it's already confusing. See the comments on the addon page : they think they have to edit the manifests themselves. And if they do, how is it easier than editing the APIversion directly? I just don't get it.

Not to mention the inverse issue : let's say someone updates Fisherman right now, reads the patch note (lel) and says oh? FastAPI what is it? and click the link and try it right now... what happens? he'll be out of date till DLC release. We're biting our tails here.

I think the energy put in this would be better placed in having Chip looking at something like that

## APIVersion: 100013 100014

so i'm gonna bump the topic of last time right now.