View Single Post
02/23/16, 04:00 PM   #36
Wandamey
Originally Posted by merlight View Post
.. until the APIVersion changes and your addon breaks for no other reason than that a meaningless number changed. $(APIVersion) in manifest is probably the second worst solution to the problem.
if you are having troubles using this variable, there is a wiki page explaining how to thanks to Sirinsidiator : http://wiki.esoui.com/Addon_manifest_%28.txt%29_format

Instead, you have to re-upload the same file with a new name when APIVersion changes again.

This is exactly what I meant by "most of these issues would disappear" -- you wouldn't have to re-upload anything if Minion only installed add-ons compatible with the installed version of the game.
Yet if I had something like this I could upload my already tested on PTS addons with my API var and both APIversions and go on holidays next week. Instead I can't, even if I'm finished with all of my homework.

Having this would solve all the problems. Not just most of them. And without even mentionning how easy it is to forget to check the compatibility boxes when uploading and the changes it would require for Dolby. Which I think would be more trouble than just allowing multiple APIversion. But it's just a wild guess.