View Single Post
06/20/17, 10:45 AM   #16
Jizargo
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by iwontsay View Post
The main theme of these postings from official side are "If it's using the LUA API, fine, if not, hands off!"

Player and inofficial postings like "I'm using it for months and no one cared a whit about it!" or "They patched the exploit long ago" don't count. Easy as that.

Hook64 may be devised to provide visual enchancements, and the source code (if they review it, though I'm sure they won't spend time doing so), everyone versed in coding could "extend" its purpose for cheating/botting. Making walls semi-transparent or outright removing them would come to my mind.

ZOS can't simply test and review every game modification which goes beyond the limited set of scripting functions they provide. So they issue a blanket ban on everything which modifies or influences the executable on disk or in memory, but only react if they actually notice botting/cheating behavior or it's reported to them.
Not possible. Plus it'd be unreasonably hard to program cheats in HLSL.

Like I said before, ZOS has amazing cheat detection and if someone was somehow exploiting they'd be banned almost instantly. If there was anyway people could be exploiting with reshade or hook64 then they would have already cracked down on it. They don't care about visual enhancements as long as they don't impact the base game allowing unfair advantages.