View Single Post
12/13/20, 03:49 PM   #1
tawniey
Request: Custom Flavor-Text and Item Nicknames

Hello!

I've been looking for an addon to serve this function for a while, and I believe it to be possible using similar functions to Trait Rename (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...name.html#info) perhaps? Specifically, I would like to be able to rename an item in how it appears in the tooltip to me (ie: change "Fiord's Bow" to "Bow of Nyooming") and add flavor-text to an item's tooltip, similarly to how some quest-obtained items have their own flavor text. (ie: "This bow was given to you by Nathan after besting him at a sprinting competition. It imbues you with energy just holding it.")

I understand that, like Trait Rename, nicknames and flavor text would not be visible by anyone other than the player who set the name or text, and would not persist when traded -- but I would love to make use of something like this for my own personal RP/storytelling reasons, and believe it may be useful to others for more utilitarian reasons as well -- if only making a note on an item such as "transmute to [trait], low priority" etc that can't be easily conveyed in an FCO ItemSaver icon.

Would this be possible? I'd be very grateful if anyone would be interested in making it happen!
Thanks in advance for any consideration and feedback.