View Single Post
03/17/22, 08:43 PM   #5
MarcusUK
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
About your request:
There is no API given to show the POI of the dungeons on the map, you'd need to hardcode a list of these dungeon POIs, zones.
Afaik the "wayshrines of the dungeons" cannot be used for that "show on map" and ZOS does not have the data, else their own shown on map would work already. So this would be a list of dungeons you need to update with each patch again.
I'm not sure what you mean. I've just given BeamMeUp a try and it does exactly what I asked for - maybe they coded a workaround for the lack of API options - click a group dungeon and it highlights where it is on the map by jumping to the region and doing a kind of radar-blip effect over the POI icon. Although it is has its own KB/Mouse interface rather than just a light-weight option on the specific dungeon list, it works as I hoped to make finding dungeons much easier than using a wiki. Just wish it had Gamepad support, but if that's not possible it will make do as is for the odd occassion that I want to solo a dungeon but don't know or can't recall where it is.

Thanks for the info on addons not contributing heavily to game lag, that's good to know. My SavedVariables folder is only 16.1mb presently, which is probably not a lot to handle. I have 32gb RAM, assuming some of that data is being loaded into memory on launch.

Last edited by MarcusUK : 03/17/22 at 08:55 PM.