View Single Post
10/05/23, 12:50 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
local function OnAddonLoaded(event, name)
   if name == "GamepadChatIconBegone" then
       EVENT_MANAGER:UnregisterForEvent("GamepadChatIconBegone", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED)

RedirectTexture("EsoUI/Art/HUD/Gamepad/gp_HUDNotification_notification.dds", "")
   end
 end
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("GamepadChatIconBegone", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, OnAddonLoaded)
This should make the texture go away for all stuff in the game, so no matetr if it shws or not, it will just be invisible.
If you see a white square now instead we need to find a see-through texture and replace "" above with that name then.

Other UI elements will not get invisible that way as we only replace the 1 texture "EsoUI/Art/HUD/Gamepad/gp_HUDNotification_notification.dds"
And according to esui source code of the game it's ONLY used here, at gamepad and console stuff:

Originally Posted by Rex87 View Post
I tried this and works, it makes it fully hidden even when the chat is visible but even while NPCs text in chat is invisible it will reappear whenever they talk, I can hide it manually by opening the chat and waiting till it hides, is there a way to make it hide all the time? or something that could check if the icon is showing and if it's showing it would hide it automatically without manually opening the chat to hide it? I wanna hide it permanently like RedirectTexture does but the other way creates other issues and many other UI elements become invisible not just the chat bubble icon which is very upsetting
Code:
local function OnAddonLoaded(event, name)
   if name == "GamepadChatIconBegone" then
       EVENT_MANAGER:UnregisterForEvent("GamepadChatIconBegone", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED)

SecurePostHook(GAMEPAD_CHAT_SYSTEM, "Minimize", function()  
         local self = GAMEPAD_CHAT_SYSTEM
         if self.newChatFadeAnim and self.newChatFadeAnim:IsPlaying() then self.newChatFadeAnim:Stop() end
         self.chatBubble:SetAlpha(0)
      end)
   end

end
EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent("GamepadChatIconBegone", EVENT_ADD_ON_LOADED, OnAddonLoaded)

Last edited by Baertram : 10/05/23 at 12:53 PM.