View Single Post
05/02/14, 12:43 AM   #22
Asto

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To be correct:
In this case 'looten' isn't the same as 'durchsuchen'. If you use 'durchsuchen' you should change the entire part like this: 'wenn ihr etwas durchsuchen könnt.' but that could miss some details.

Maybe better:
Change 'wenn ihr etwas öffnen oder looten könnt.' to 'wenn ihr etwas öffnen oder plündern könnt.'

'to loot sth' is 'etwas plündern' in german.

Now the entire translation to help the author:
Variation 1: 'durchsuchen'
interactablePicker = {
Header = "Benutzbar Farbe",
Body = "Der Text hat diese Farbe, wenn ihr etwas durchsuchen könnt. (z.B. eine ungeöffnete Kiste)"
},
Variation 2: 'öffnen und plündern'
interactablePicker = {
Header = "Benutzbar Farbe",
Body = "Der Text hat diese Farbe, wenn ihr etwas öffnen oder plündern könnt. (z.B. eine ungeöffnete Kiste)"
},
Variation 2 is the fixed one with the removed word 'looten' and variation 1 is the best one in my opinion but both translations are correct now. Variation 1 is better because the word 'durchsuchen' is already used by the default ESO UI.

I think there is no need to start a discussion about english words in the german language here. But if there is a german word for something, we should use it.

Another hint for the author: Did you think about removing the word 'Color' in each label? It should be clear that you select colors by a headline 'Colors' for example. 'Interactable Color', 'Not Interactable Color' could be 'Interactable' and 'Not Interactable'. So i don't reade color, color, color, color...

(same in german, there just remove the word Farbe(n) in the labels (your Header variable) and it would sound better)

... yeah the german language is not easy as you see...

Last edited by Asto : 05/02/14 at 12:59 AM.