View Single Post
10/30/15, 10:04 PM   #5
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you both for the information.

@votan
Yeah if I use a normal tooltip it works just fine, no problem with size. I was trying to find a way to create an object that would allow me to directly use the function to set a tooltip by ability Id, which is what caused the sizing problem. Writing my own style table fixed the problem, but as Ayantir said we can't access all of the ability information so it was a pointless effort

@Ayantir
I looked at the lib, nice work btw, but I think I just can't get what I want. I was hoping to create tooltips for all of the effects you receive through EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED. Some abilities actually fire multiple effects on you each with their own abilityId. I was trying to find a way to build tooltips for those, but the ability functions, like GetAbilityDescription(), don't return any descriptions for those effects even though they have their own abilityId.

I thought I might still be able to do it for debuffs, but apparently not. The abilityIds received when debuffed are not the same abilityIds as those in the skill lines (so you can't get any information about them). The debuffs must be counted as those special effects that have their own unique abilityId and I don't see any way to tell which "real" abilityId the effect came from to display the original tooltip.