View Single Post
02/02/24, 07:31 PM   #6
Kelinmiriel
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Also please keep in mind when you write your library or addon, that automatically requesting data for many guilds could potentially destabilize the server and force ZOS to lock the guild finder api like they had to do with the guild history api when Master Merchant became too popular.
Thanks for the info, and for the warning. If it's really a problem with "requesting data for many guilds", that won't be an issue with my addon, as it's only using the codes from my own guilds (one NA, and one EU). So it won't be looking for any others. (On the PTS, it'll try for EU first since most of the time there's an EU copy, then NA if it can't find that.)

Even if it's the frequency of GetGuildRecruitmentMessageAttribute(guildID) pings (the only one I'm using, once I have access to it), I don't expect my library to ever have so much popularity that it would be a problem.

Unless someone else decides that this concept works for something that they're doing, that's a lot more popular - then it could potentially a problem. I hope that doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
EDIT: Another thing that could also explain your issue is that the guild finder does not return data when guild recruitment is deactivated. That can either happen when the guild master opts to disable it, or when the guild is full.
Correct - the information is definitely not accessible when the guild is not listed. I've tested that.

(Guild listings are also automatically disabled when the GM has been offline for a month.)