View Single Post
05/01/14, 05:02 AM   #20
Iyanga
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Its a difference if you correct something that dosen't make any sense in the normal language use or something that is an "insider" word.
"Mundus" is an insider word.
"Leeerooy" is an insider word.
"Mankriks wife" is an insider term.

"Looten" is just the excuse for lazy people who are so used to English words that they consider German words silly.

So if you say "looten" is not a german word then "loot" is not a german word too.
You are right. "Loot" is not a German word either. It obviously is an English word. "F u c k" is an English term also and it doesn't turn into a German word just because 99% of German MMO players will understand it - therefore "F u c k" doesn't belong into a German translation.

This is a Game and not degree dissertation!
Lets stop this discussion here, if you want to translate an addon and make it better then go ahead.
I'm going ahead right now by making this one better

But you are right. We can stop the discussion, you have started.

I've said what I had to say. "looten" is wrong, it needs to be "durchsuchen". This is German and it is used by the UI itself for that particular moment where your reticle is over a chest with content, so when using that term people easily recognize what color you are talking about because that term actually appears in the UI.

So, this information is well-known by now, what people do with it is their choice.

End of discussion.