View Single Post
03/11/24, 10:41 PM   #25
cyxui
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
I still think there is something to be said about trying to use proactive measures to only request what you need. Tracking how long the person has been offline, checking if the sales exist, and then process the data. If someone is using MM they will already have data so TTC doesn't need to request it. It will already exist in the binary cache.

Regardless of any UI issues currently, when the data is in the cache, it stays there and can be obtained. This isn't like in the past where once you logged out then you had to request 10 days of data again. Once you have the 10 days of data, it's there and it's not going anywhere.
In theory thats what SHOULD happen. But it aren't. At least with my experience. Say I requests for 1 day worth of data. 30min later and its done (Seriously? 30min?). Then I log off + login and requests for 1 day worth of data again. Theoretically the game should be smart enough to know that I am only requesting for 5min worth of data since everything between 1 day ago and 5min ago are there. But nope. The game goes on and run the 30min request once more. I would totally expect 5 min worth of data to take minutes not half an hour.