View Single Post
11/02/23, 12:23 PM   #4
JN Slevin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Permissions

I was wondering if it would be possible to give us a new permission for guild ranks which lets people see only events associated with them?

Currently virtually all trade guilds use the guild bank gold deposit for donations toward the trader, which some even have a requirement for. This system works rather well, the problem with it is that there is no way for non admin members to see what they donated when without giving them the option to see the guild bank balance and deposits from every other member, which also puts us players in a position where we cannot write an addon for that since other addons could still access this clandestine (for lack of a better word) information. For sales / general / AVA events this information does not really matter that much, but for deposits / withdrawals it does.

To circumvent this dilemma many guilds manually update the note for each member to show how much they donated when, which is very tedious work and can get very quickly out of hand. But this is the only way to show each member when they donated last.

It should also be avoided to make one permission for every event regardless of category since sale events are used by very popular addons which help members make an informed decision about the price of items.

Personally I would propose either making one permission which only affects the bank or making permissions for each category.

My proposal would give members the option to see everything they did in the guild and we could write addons which would help make that information more digestible to members who are not as technical as we are. Furthermore these addons could also reliably show a reminder.

Overall this API change is one of the best news i have heard in a long time. I am really looking forward to testing it out!

Last edited by JN Slevin : 11/02/23 at 12:28 PM.