View Single Post
05/26/19, 03:59 AM   #27
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Enodoc View Post
In other words, should I still be including Libraries within my add-on in a Libs folder with OptionalDependsOn in my manifest, or should I be using DependsOn in my manifest, without a Libs folder, and stating the Libraries should be standalone and installed separately as prerequisites?
As an author, you switch away from the LibStub embedded way of adding source files to your own manifest. Instead you should use DependsOn for libraries that have to be loaded and OptionalDependsOn for libs that may be loaded. In any case you will have to check the library if it has been updated to support this.

Once you have done that, you can decide for yourself if you still want to bundle the libs with your addon, or have the users install them separately. Having them installed separately will cause less problems in the future (in case another addon is depending on a newer version of the lib, but doesn't have it bundled) and you won't have to update the bundled libs yourself any more. It also has slightly better performance (less folders to scan for the game), but that's likely only in the ms-range.