View Single Post
08/17/23, 08:26 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by DestrockQc View Post
Oh but I'm not talking about external files. Just the files already in our game folder. From a text file making the game load the xyz.mp3 it could instead load the abc.mp3 and this abc would be a bard song from a specific npc in game.
Yes, I understood that already at the first post

And the answer is still the same, unfortunately, quoting from the linked "what addons cannot do":
Change sounds of skills, weapons, armor, procs, pets, mounts, houses, music, NPCs and other non-UI related things
No matter if internal or external files. Addons cannot change that, point.

Addons are not mods and they do not change game's texture/music/sounds/whatever files. They only change the lua code files and xml code files used for the User Interface and the API!

So if you want to change game files you need to find another way (if this is even possible, I doubt it. At leats for your use case).
You'd have to extract original files, replace some music files and insert them to the game package files again -> And here I bet there will be Checksum calculations which cannot be matched anymore and the game refuses to run then, to obtain correctness and integritgy of the data.
Modifying text files for translations is all I saw so far that worked.

So Calamath is right here, best to do to circumvent this:
use an external music player (I always got good old Winamp running) and mute the ingame music

Last edited by Baertram : 08/17/23 at 08:29 AM.