View Single Post
02/16/15, 01:16 PM   #56
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
I have just briefly checked code and it seems that you didn't read my comments to LAM.

- All "half width" widgets in LAM have height set to 55 units. If you want to make custom widgets with different height, widgets will be incorectly anchored. See LAM comments where is possible fix.
Short answer to this and some other questions - I just ignored the option panels for this step. I knew there were some issues/fixes, but wanted to get the container window out for some feedback; the patch grew much larger than I anticipated.

- comboboxCounter in dropdown widget should be panel specific, otherwise you can get an UI error because of duplicate names when creating widget controls manually. Again, better explanation is in my LAM comment.
What's in a name? It is nor hand... I mean, does that combobox need to have a name?

- I don't like colorized addon names in the list. Any chance of using panelData.name instead of panelData.displayName or at least stripping color codes?
Sure. Forgot to revert that, I was flooding the list with dummy entries for testing and wanted to find actual addons quickly.

Originally Posted by votan View Post
Can you test "SkyShards" with german displayname? Although the list is 10units wider than mine, there are ellipsis?!? 290 units would be good.

You can copy the function CreateOptionsControls and the whole Dropbox.lua from my branch in update6 https://github.com/votan73/ESO-LibAddonMenu
Or from the modified LAM included in Azurah (link in my previous post). I like my dropdown. ;-)

Ok I will install Skyshards, Azurah, any other notable addons that put stress on the menu?

Regarding CreateOptionsControls: I need to ask a few off-topic questions first.

... and while looking for a commit I saw earlier, another question @votan:
Do you use some automatic commit message "gluer"? I find the list of affected filenames in messages pretty inconvenient (moreso when it's at the beginning, pushing the interesting part to ...), also sometimes there's just the filename and the actual message follows on the next line, which requires a click to unfold on github.
Locally I use tig, it lists affected filenames itself along with how many lines have changed, and also shows only the first line in overview. So commits that don't say what they are on the first line are a mystery at first.