View Single Post
05/11/14, 08:00 AM   #8
CrazyDutchGuy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem with the EVENT_CHATTER_BEGIN is that when it fires - and it allways fires when starting a dialog with a NPC - that at the moment of firing the dialog is being build up.

If you use an addon that uses information that exists out of that dialog it could happen that the dialog is not fully finished building, when extracting information.

Specific with my addon hooking into the scenemanager, it caused issues in the addon Dialog Tweaks. Which normally should not happen, cause i am not doing anything related with the EVENT_CHATTER_BEGIN event. But the case was that Dialog Tweaks asks if a certain option is visible in the dialog, and if so, does something with it. What i could figure out with some debug statements was that the hidden property was not set at the moment the addon inquired, but when the dialog was fully loaded, it was.

I am pretty sure there are more minor conflicts going on, but these are the one i could find out, or actually people pointed me to it. Someone mentioned also that it caused issues with Fast Travel addon.

All this, just because i added something to the scenemanager.