View Single Post
05/13/14, 06:57 AM   #15
hNipster
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally, my position on add-ons as simple as these is to keep 'em open-source, MIT style. I mean, it's a community, put the code out there for everyone to use any way they wish. This viewpoint is partially why I made the following mistake...

As the person that wrote the mentioned add-on, without a license file or copyright notice of any type in the AI Research Grid add-on, I kind of assumed it was open source/MIT (there's not even an author listed in the manifest). I presumed MIT style licensing since so many of the other add-ons here use that style of license; thus free to do with what you will, since that's what open source is all about (and I would have included that copyright if it were there, but it wasn't so I went with a mention on the page).

Whether I agree with his viewpoint or not, it was my mistake not to follow up and confirm usage/licensing/what have you, which I apologized to the author for when he contacted me.

In any case, I have since rewritten the entire add-on, and it no longer has any of that add-on's code. It is still continuously being set to hold though for whatever reason; and I don't really care to argue copyright on a hobby, so I'm discontinuing public development of it.

Peas.