View Single Post
02/11/23, 03:02 AM   #1
Matoro342
How do I get the ItemID of an item I hover over in my inventory?

Hello,

I am a rookie currently attempting to write what I've thus far dubbed 'Style Check', a simple add on that will utilize LibCharacterKnowledge to return a boolean on highlighted weapons/armor in the inventory if its motif/style has been unlocked, then show it in a tooltip.

Here's my plan so far:

1. Use a function to get the ItemID/ItemLink (not sure on the difference) from the currently hovered over item.
2. If it is a weapon or item, (is this just if (ItemID.ItemType == ITEMTYPE_ARMOR or ItemID.ItemType == ITEMTYPE_WEAPON)?) continue.
3. Extract the motif or style page from it. No idea how this is done.
4. Pass this motif/style page to LCK.GetItemKnowledgeForCharacter( item, server, charId ).
5. Append text based on the result of 4 to the end of the tooltip for these items that the motif/style is known or unknown. No idea how to do this either. Nobody seems to comment their code.... not that I would steal

For now, I am stuck on 1. I can't find a function or variable for getting the ItemID/Link of a hovered item.
Any help would be welcome! I'll share whatever crowns your time is worth if I can reach the finish line.

Warm regards and thank you for reading.