View Single Post
04/27/23, 09:40 PM   #7
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I'm not sure the crash happens because of these messages though, they are only "hints" to the devs/ZOs.
I'm pretty sure the crash happens because of an addon itsself then.

I'd check which of the addons names is generating the most errors and disable that at least. Maybe it will fix the crash then at least.
If not, disable the 2nd most named addon, and so on.

And those addons, with the most named entries in the log file, should get a comment from you describing how to rebuild these log entries, and copy them there for the dev so she/he can see what to change at which control.

Explanation:
>has a set height but has resizeToFitDescendents enabled. If this is intended, use resizeToFitConstrains="X"
Means that the dev has used a fixed <dimensions width="number" height="number"> in the XML definition of his control,
or he used the lua code to set <control>:SetDimensions(numberWidth, numberHeight).
But he also enabled the resizeToFitDescendents ="true" or <control>:SetResizeToFitDescendents(true)
which should resize the control if the parent control resizes.

That won't happen though as the dimensions were set as fixed width and height.
So the dev needs to either disable resizeToFitDescendents on these controls or disable the fixed dimensions and use dimension constrainst (maximum width and height but no minimum), or in addition to the resizeToFitDescendents="true" also specify resizeToFitConstrains="x" or "y" to tell the code that the control can resize on the x (width) or y (height) axis up to the constraints that were set.
Thank you so much!! years passed and you are always the same, willing to help and doing your best! And the older old Gran'Ma feels again less old :P

So as i said above, i unloaded EHT. I will take all the messages warning concerning this addon and post them into the comments section (though unfortunatly and without any bad meaning, i think that will not help a lot as we have so few update and or presence for their authors. But, lets keep hope, i will do it.

As for the understanding of the Resize..... may be husband could perhaps eventually in any case throw an eye on it, after all he is programmer and coulddddddd check a bit that lua :P

UPDATE : after searching with notepad++ the
Code:
2023-04-27T03:04:12.546-05:00 |cff0000Gui Warning: ZO_ActiveCombatTipsTip has a set width but has resizeToFitDescendents enabled. If this is intended, use resizeToFitConstrains="Y".|r
2023-04-27T03:04:12.546-05:00 |cff0000Gui Warning: ZO_ActiveCombatTipsTip has a set height but has resizeToFitDescendents enabled. If this is intended, use resizeToFitConstrains="X".|r
concerne LUI Extended combat module - I know i dont use this module, so even if not used, the function using this can still create warnings ? so strange

Last edited by Anceane : 04/28/23 at 01:01 AM. Reason: UPDATE