View Single Post
09/17/15, 04:38 AM   #12
dopiate
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
the tone was unintentional

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
If you don't want to use it, then don't use it. Writing angry sounding responses might make me think about it twice before answering to your posts again in the future.
I must correct something. I in no way meant that reply to sound angry (though re-reading it, I agree it doesn't sound very polite).

It's very early and I'm just getting ready for work so please do not take any of that post as angry or hostile.

I respect you and everyone you who replied.

After, getting some caffeine in me (and waking up more brain cells) I will say that I was disappointed I couldn't get anymore items before release but you are right it was not time wasted.

You and merlight helped me come to the conclusion that the s was not what I thought it was, even though I had dealt with it already, it's more satisfying to fully understand the changes to the item link string.

And I do appreciate the code suggestions. No one here has to help or get involved and I appreciate everyone who did.

The only emotion that should be read into that post was disappointment. First, for not getting more items but to be 100% honest after this thread I figured out a way to get all the items I needed without ANY user interaction and I think walking through it with you helped me realize that. So the biggest disappointment was personal in that I didn't think of that solution first. I'm very critical of my code, I have a PERL mindset. Do more with less and my fix doesn't do that, but the next release will.

If I offended you, I apologize completely.

There is no hostility from me and I thank everyone who replied.

Again, my apologies to you and anyone who might have taken offense to that post.

I even retract my conclusion because I now realize that everyone's insight (and code suggestions) helped me figure out a more elegant/efficient fix.

Thanks,
-d

PS the good news is so far no error reports!

Last edited by dopiate : 09/17/15 at 04:43 AM.