View Single Post
01/12/20, 01:33 PM   #5
Shadowfen
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I did not say that there was something wrong with Ravalox's Quest Tracker itself or that it would fail. The problem is much more subtle than that because it is with the out-of-date library that is embedded in it which may or may not get loaded last (of all of the versions of LibAddonMenu-2.0s that you have in your addons - at least one of which is the latest version). If the latest version of the library is loaded last, then everything works fine. If an older version (like the one included with RQT), you may notice that you cannot click on things in the game UI - like in crafting windows, inventory, or even guild pages - where there seems to be a "dead" spot you just can't click on. It doesn't necessary point to any one addon - or it may "point" to an addon that actually is not involved. What I know from experience is that when I rip out all of the out-of-date libraries that are embedded in older addons and point them to the standalone libraries that have the latest versions, these strange, untraceable problems just go away.

Edit:
LibAddonMenu-2.0 is a library addon whose version I make a point of checking when I find it because a new version of it came out for the Elsweyr release when a problem with found in PTS testing.

Last edited by Shadowfen : 01/12/20 at 01:37 PM.