View Single Post
03/20/24, 08:12 AM   #14
jumi01
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
Those are quotes from the Arkadius' Trade Tools comments section : https://www.esoui.com/downloads/file...=1752#comments

This is not the behavior of the ZOS binary cache. LibHistoire no longer has a cache and is no longer in control of any sales data. Meaning, the buyer, seller, item, guild name, price, tax, none of that comes from LibHistoire anymore. Because of Update 41 LibHistoire no longer writes sales data to SavedVariables, and all the sales data is in the binary cache.

For Jylly and jumi01, what do you mean by all gone?

If you delete your ZOS binary cache then yes this would happen. However, you have to manually delete the binary cache files. The only other way is the Clear Cache option from the LibHistoire UI, but then again, you chose to clear the binary cache. When you do that you have to request it again.

The author of LibHistoire has mentioned in his comments section that there are ZOS issues he cannot get around. That's not the mod author's fault and ZOS is in communication with authors to make improvements.

So please clarify what is gone or missing the next day you log in because the data from the Binary cache doesn't get deleted one day to the next.

When you did not choose to delete the binary cache, then you do not have to go all the way to the last page, 150, 230, 300 pages, that's not needed.
Exactly what I said. I log in, look at how much info the guild sales history has, and whereas yesterday (or literally the last time i logged in, which could be just an hour or two ago) i had data going back 15 days or whatever, now it's just the last day or two. or some random period of time. I can't put the picture in this post, so i'll just type out the data.

For one guild yesterday it went back to early March. I log in and this is what it says:

Oldest linked event 3/18/2024 19:11:13
Newest linked event: 3/19/2024 10:30:13

so what happened to the rest of the data? to get my trade bar green again, I have to click thru all the sales, or, if the server never actually retrieves the history, i have to clear cache and start all over again. And no, waiting 2-5 mins (or even in one case 20 mins or so) didn't help. I've found if it doesn't retrieve the history pretty quickly... within seconds... it's not going to.

I get that retrieving history isn't an addon thing, but the system as it is now is as close to unusable as you can get. Either we need a better connection to ZOS's data or ZOS needs to fix their data stream. I don't know which it is, but I don't think me complaining to ZOS is going to do much--they don't even know who I am. Content creators, however, have a much louder voice.