View Single Post
03/04/22, 01:35 PM   #5
Tatila
Yup, unfortunately it's the behavior with no add-ons for me. It took me a while to even start installing add-ons. My experiments were made without, and I only used DarkUI and FCO Gamepad Button Textures briefly while testing if they did anything for it.

I should have explained myself better, sorry.

I saw it as being a vanilla UI bug from the start, and after researching a bit, I saw no mention of it, so I assumed that it was a very longstanding issue, that survived this long by a combination of the seemingly lower usage of the gamepad UI on PC, and the preponderance of people who don't mess with keybindings, particularly among those who use gamepads.
Of course, this was just an assumption, it could very well be a recent issue, or one that is just affecting me in particular.

My understanding of these things is very very shallow, but it seemed to me that the ultimate bar icon was just taking the individual LB and RB textures, vanilla or not, and using them if the gamepad UI and input were both active, with no conditionals for reflecting non-default bindings, like the main action bar has.

So I hoped that maybe there was something in the framework of UI modding that would allow fixing this issue. My hope for it being fixed by the actual developers of the game was so small, that going that route didn't even cross my mind. I guess I'm more used to things being fixed by modders.

And honestly, seeing stuff like the outright removal of gamepad UI scaling, which was an issue I researched before this one, made me feel like the gamepad UI is a very low priority. The rebinding of it in general is already pretty limited, with which buttons and combinations are allowed being very arbitrary. Not letting me rebind the gamepad Ultimate at all anymore would definitely be an easier solution to the issue of "The Ultimate doesn't graphically reflect it's binding", than messing with the code for which icons are shown. Much like fixing whatever issues arose from scaling was harder than removing it. So that worries me a bit. Gamepad UI scaling remains removed, despite what little outcry it got, and that definitely affected more people than the issue I'm facing.

But you're correct, this is something that would be for ZoS to fix, and it's to them I should appeal to.
Thank you for your patience. Sorry for my extremely long-winded responses.