Thread: LootDrop gone?
View Single Post
04/07/14, 07:39 PM   #23
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Sunhed View Post
Maybe you need to restructure the website so that some people become moderated, or just ban their noncontributing .
When we are made aware of people being jerks, we deal with it. It's very plain in our site rules that we don't put up with crap being dished out here. People who have used (any of) our sites for any length of time can attest to that. Folks get a warning. Then they get a vacation (short term ban) if they didn't pay heed to the warning. Then if they still persist they get a permanent ban. Although depending on how bad someone's behaviour is, sometimes it just goes straight to permanent ban. But we need to know about it. Even with just this one single site, there are already too many pages (threads, comments on addon pages, etc.) for us to be able to keep up with all of them. If someone is having a problem with another user, we need to be told. At the bottom left corner of every single post on the site, whether a post in a thread in a forum or a comment on an addon page, there is a little triangle with a red exclamation mark that either says "report post" or "report comment". Click it. Or send one of us a PM. It isn't like it's difficult to get in touch with us, and it isn't like we don't respond.

All of that said, I hate that some people made it so that she felt like she didn't want to continue. It sucks, all over the place. And in talks with her about it, I know why she decided to walk away and agree with her. A hobby isn't worth getting stressed out/losing sleep over. It's supposed to be fun. If it isn't fun, then stop doing it. I wish people hadn't made it not fun for her. However it was done, unfortunately, and there isn't anything any of us can do to 'go back and fix it'.