View Single Post
06/17/23, 07:17 AM   #1
Anumaril

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Scoping key for wayshrines

I'm trying to make a simple mod that disables wayshrine travel by making it impossible to interact with wayshrines. I posted about it on the ESO forums some time ago, and a mod creator linked me to their mod and recommended I look at their code since they do something similar with objects like benches, companions, etc.

I've been trying to reverse-engineer it this morning but haven't had much luck. I think part of the problem is I just don't know the way to get the code to "target" wayshrines. The mod "LongPressCtrlToInteract" seems to use the key "LPCI_SEATS" to target seats in the game, but that looks like it's the mod initials so it surely can't be directly from the game's documentation. I've also had a look at the most recent ESO documentation but can't find anything related to seats or wayshrines.

Here's the code I'm working with at the moment, which was reverse-engineered from the other mod's code:

Code:
FISHING_MANAGER.StartInteraction = function(...)
    local text = ...

if text == GetString(NFT_SEAT) then
        return true
    end

return orgInteract(...)
end
I tried with the original mod's key "LPCI_SEAT", but that didn't work, so I just changed it to be based on my own mod's name instead since that's likely what LPCI was referring to anyways.