View Single Post
03/17/14, 09:18 AM   #102
WrinkleStiltskin

Um, is this thing on? ... Hello World!

/wave all, my name is.. well you'll have to guess it, but even then I won't tell you if you are correct <grin>, I know the security factors, but I still feel better with a little added anonymity. Am I right Mac users? <crickets> I've been perusing the site for a few days, I'm not sure how much I'll be able to offer as help, but I know there is much I can learn here. Not sure if my addon(s) will ever make it out of my lab. I have a BS in software engineering, but have never used, much less, written an addon despite playing MMOs fervently for about 13 years now. I don't want to step on toes, but in my game experience any additional software was breech of ToS and a ban-able offense. In general, most of it was fairly harmless like cooldown timer displays and damage parsers, but bots... really? Do you want to play a game so bad, and hate it at the same time enough to make a computer do the heavy lifting? So anyway, after a looong run of fun in my last MMO I found myself grouped with a bunch of bot script kiddys and as a purest I was put off. Also a game that is no longer challenging is rarely fun. I'm mainly here for the experience of how to get rolling in this interesting arm of software development, and to tweak some minor display stuff to better suit my play style.