View Single Post
05/16/14, 03:33 AM   #1
CrazyDutchGuy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Add items to menubar and handling selection

Bit weird of a topic cause i didn't know how to word it in short.

Anyways. The following problem. We all know the menubars ingame. For example the one above the screen with skills, character, mail, and so forth. But also the one to the right when you open your map, where you can select quests, zones, icons, and so on.

I added a menubar button item to the right pane when you are in map mode. The button itself works correctly. Meaning it highlight when selected and unhighlights when another button in the menubar is selected.

What i expected when adding the button is that when you select quests, you get also the quest overview. When you select zones, you get the zone overview. When you select my button, you get nothing (cause i did not define anything). However it stays on the last selection.

The button when defined has a callbackhandler, but that only fires when selected. The buttons should behave in a way similar to a radiogroup control.

What i couldn't find and looking for is : How does the right pane handle the button state changes, so that it results in new information below the menubar ? Or how in general is button state changes handled from a menubar perspective ?